Elettromedia S.r.l. is looking to hire a Loudspeaker Design Engineer to join our R&D Professional Audio design team. The Successful candidate will work on new low/mid frequency loudspeaker design and engineering, and he/she will directly report to our R&D Director.
As a Loudspeaker Design Engineer in Elettromedia you will use your scientific knowledge, your technical experience and your expertise on loudspeaker design to invent, design, prototype and evaluate new products to meet the demands of the market and clients.
Elettromediaâ€™s R&D team has long-standing experience in electroacoustic design, and within our facilities we make use of the most advanced virtual prototyping technologies (Multiphysics simulations, 3D modelling, etc.) and measurement tools (Klippel R&D system, Klippel Scanning Vibrometer system, etc.).
- Lead loudspeaker development upon assignment of new product development projects
- Analyze the competitors and identify the product requirements for both market and client-driven projects
- Translate the product requirements into loudspeaker design options
- Plan development schedules and milestones
- Simulate and design the loudspeaker electromagnetic system (motor structure and voice coil)
- Simulate and design the loudspeaker vibroacoustic system (cone, surround, spider, dust cap, etc.)
- Design the loudspeaker housing system (basket)
- Support the mechanical engineering team to obtain mass production-ready designs
- Supervise the electroacoustic validation of loudspeaker prototypes and samples
- Supervise the electroacoustic validation of pre-production products, and be responsible of the authorization for mass production
- Compile test plans and test specifications
- Provide scientific and technical support on the electroacoustic performance improvement of products
Required skills and qualifications
- Degree in appropriate technical discipline (Electrical Engineer, Electronic Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, etc.)
- Experience in loudspeaker design (at least 2 years)
- Expertise on loudspeaker testing (preferably with Klippel R&D system)
- Ability to work effectively within a result oriented environment, with attitude in following scientific methods
- Problem-solving attitude
- Scientific understanding of loudspeaker working principles
- Understanding of electroacoustic modeling (linear and nonlinear) with both lumped and finite-elements approaches
- 2D and 3D Computer Assisted Design (CAD)
- Multiphysics simulation of loudspeakers
- The Successful candidate will work mainly in Elettromedia Headquarter, Strada Regina km 3.500, 62018 Potenza Picena (MC), Italy.
Travel will be required both in Italy and abroad.